The SHIMANO XTR M9120 disc brake was conceived and developed for the Enduro. Provides the power needed for the toughest terrains.
Reduce your braking distance with the 4-piston caliper! This brake has been improved to ensure an excellent result. The structure is lighter (aluminum caliper and master cylinder, aluminum lever, titanium screws). Power, braking modulation and heat control are better (ceramic insulated piston). The new shape of the lever ensures a faster return. The I-Spec EV closure leaves free space on the handlebar!
J-KIT: This brake is delivered in J-KIT version for Junction-Kit (simplified assembly). The J-Kit system facilitates the passage of the cable inside the frame (for frames with internal cable passage). The cable is connected to the clamp but not to the lever to facilitate its assembly and comfortably define its correct length.
Assembling the brakes is quite simple:
– Place the brake lever on the bicycle handlebar;
– Mount the brake caliper on the fork and / or on the frame;
– Pass the brake cable through the internal passage of the frame;
– Remove the black rubber plug from the end of the cable;
– Remove the yellow terminals located on the end of the brake levers;
– Slide the black rubber nut cover onto the cable;
– Insert the brake cable into the lever nut;
– Being careful to keep the brake cable at the bottom of the lever nut, tighten the nut to compress the olive that is in the lever. Needless to tighten too tightly, the thread of the nut must remain visible, then it will be masked by the nut cover that you previously slipped on the cable;
– Assembly is complete.