PRIVACY AND POLICY – PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
In order to access and navigate the PedalByte.com website, no registration is required: all product data sheets are freely available, as well as the possibility of placing products in the cart to simulate a purchase. Instead, you need to enter your data when you decide to purchase. In this case you will be asked to enter the information strictly necessary for the order fulfillment. Within the registration form, you will also be asked if you want to be informed periodically about our promotions (newsletter subscription). All the data entered can be modified by you at any time by clicking on “My Account” and accessing your Personal Area. All your data are subject to compliance with the law on “Protection of the person and other subjects regarding the processing of personal data” (Legislative Decree 30.6.2003 n. 196), known as the privacy law. Personal data are processed, as part of the normal activity of our company, for:
– purposes strictly connected and instrumental to the management
of relations with the compiler (internal statistics, satisfaction feedback, preliminary acquisitions of information aimed at concluding a contract or providing a service, etc.)
– purposes related to obligations under applicable laws
– if expressly permitted in the registration form, for promotionalpurposes or for sending editorial material via e-mail the interested party expressly and freely enjoys the rights referred to in art. 13 of Legislative Decree 30.6.2003 n. 196, namely:
– to request confirmation of the existence of personal data at the PedalByte office
– to know their origin, logic and purpose of their treatment
– to obtain the updating, correction and integration
– to request cancellation, transformation into anonymous form or block in the event of illegal treatment
– to object to their processing for legitimate reasons or in the case of use of the data for sending advertising material, commercial information, market research, direct sales and interactive commercial communication, it being understood that obtaining the cancellation of their personal data it is subject to the sending of a written communication sent to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
RIGHT TO CANCELLATION OF PERSONAL DATA – GDPR
In general, we plan to keep your personal data for a period of three years from the last date of our contact with you or, if you enter into a contractual agreement with us. We do not keep the payment information you provide to us to pay for an order. We remind you that in some cases we may keep your data longer, for example where the processing of a complaint is in progress or where we believe in good faith that by law or relevant legislation we are reasonably required or committed to keep the your data or where: we have a legitimate interest in keeping your data, this legitimate interest as it does not conflict with your rights and freedoms. The following table illustrates the rights you have regarding the processing of your personal data:
Right of access
-You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
Right of rectification
-You have the right to request the rectification of inaccurate personal data held by us on you.
Right of erasure
-You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data where:
1. your personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed by us;
2. withdraw your consent and there is no other legal basis that allows us to process your personal data;
3. you object to the processing and there is no prevailing legitimate reason for the processing;
4. your data have been processed illegitimately; or
5. your data must be deleted to fulfill a legal obligation.
We may not satisfy a request where we need your personal data to fulfill a legal obligation or in the context of a judicial proceeding or to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information.
Right to limit the treatment
You have the right to ask us to limit the processing of your personal data in the following cases:
(1) if you contest the accuracy of your personal data;
(2) if the processing is illegal and you do not want us to delete your personal data;
(3) if we no longer need your personal data for processing purposes but you request the data in relation to a legal action; or (4) if you have objected to the processing of your personal data by us pending verification that our legitimate commercial interests prevail over your interests, rights and freedoms or in relation to legal proceedings.
When you exercise this right, we can only store your personal data. We cannot proceed with further processing unless you give your consent or the treatment is not necessary in relation to legal proceedings or to protect the rights of another person or legal entity or for reasons of public interest. We will notify you before the limitation of processing is lifted.
Right to data portability
You can ask us to provide you with your personal data communicated by you in a structured, commonly used and optically-readable format and you can ask us to transmit personal data directly to another data processor where technically feasible. This right arises only when:
(1) we process your personal data with your consent or it is necessary for the execution of your contract with us;
(2) the processing is automated.
Right to object
You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data where we process your personal data on the legal basis to pursue our legitimate interests. You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
You can exercise any of these rights by sending a request to the following address: email@example.com.
PedalByte, pursuant to art. 13 of Legislative Decree 30.6.2003 n. 196, provides the following information:
a) personal data are required for the following purposes: management of the service you have chosen in this section; promotional communications, market surveys, economic / statistical analyzes, prize programs, surveys of the degree of customer satisfaction. They may also be used for marketing or commercial information activities aimed at rewarding or favoring customers by reason of any purchases through the sending of advertising posters and promotional paper documents, e-mails, sms, mms.
b) The provision of data, with reference to the purposes referred to in point a1), is mandatory and a refusal to respond makes it impossible for PedalByte to provide the related service. The provision of the data referred to in point a2) is optional (subscription to Newsletter or not).
c) The data, strictly necessary for the processing, may be communicated to the technological and instrumental partner used by the owner for the provision of the requested service.
d) Data processing takes place through the use of manual, IT and telematic tools by PedalByte structures. In any case, the processing takes place with logic strictly related to the purposes indicated above and, in any case, in order to guarantee the security and confidentiality of the Data, which will also be managed and protected in environments whose access is under constant control.
e) In relation to the processing of the aforementioned data, the interested party, pursuant to art. 7 of Legislative Decree no. 196/2003, has the right to obtain:
confirmation of the existence or not of your Data, their communication in an understandable form and knowledge of their origin as well as of the logic on which the treatment is based; the cancellation, transformation into anonymous form or blocking of data processed in violation of the law; updating of data, their correction or, when interested, their integration; the certification that the operations referred to in points 2 and 3 above have been brought to the attention of those to whom they have been communicated, provided that it is not impossible or involves a disproportionate use of means. The customer also has the right to oppose the processing of data for legitimate reasons. Pursuant to and for the purposes of art. 24, paragraph 1, letter b), for the purposes referred to in point a1) consent is not necessary. the interested party expresses, pursuant to art. 23 of Legislative Decree 196/2003, your consent to the processing of data for the purposes referred to in point a2).
CREDIT AND PREPAID CARDS, PAYPAL
Payment methods are accepted: Stripe and PayPal. No credit card data is recorded or stored by PedalByte. PayPal account holders can pay with this system and PayPal is the person who protects personal information.